How Can I Apply For University In Malaysia

Some of you often slide to DM and asked about studying abroad in Malaysia. In this entry, I'm going to talk and explain all the details (based on my experience without sponsorship) for those who are wondering. I have found the questions that you frequently asked me and It's about what you need for registration. 

First, not all universities in Malaysia have the same requirements but most of them are similar. In this case, you will have to visit the university's website or contact the university's representative through phone call or email. I would recommend you to read all the details on the website first then if you have any questions, it's more flexible to contact them by email. Why? because you will have a record for the details that you wanna know.

The second thing, If you already talked to the representative or read all the details, you will need to fill a registration/eligibility form and provide some of the documents. Usually, the form is about your complete name, address, date of birth, your previous education and many more. 

The documents that you need to prepare:

1. your latest education certificate.

If you are from Indonesia, you will most likely show up your Ijazah but if you are not from Indonesia then you will need to grab your A-Level certificate or it's equivalent.

I'm kinda surprised that my university does not ask me to do A-Level/Foundation, thus it means our Ijazah is equivalent to A-Level for Malaysia. But if you go to Australia for a bachelor degree and you only have Ijazah, you will need to do a year diploma or A-Level or foundation.

2. The latest score transcript

It’s just the same thing like latest certification then again if you are from Indonesia, you can just copy the Raport.

for how much the minimum score of your transcript result, you may refer to the university’s requirements.

3. Personal Identity

sometimes the personal identity, such as ID card, birth certificate and even family card is important for a registration process.

4. Passport and pass photos

Passport is a crucial item that allows you to travel abroad and registration. According to my experience, a minimum passport validity should be at least 18 months or 1.5 years for Malaysia student visa.

The university will ask you for your pass photograph. You need to prepare at least 6-10 printed photos and its a good idea if you get the soft copy. Its purposes are for registration, visa, accommodation form and so on!

5. TOEFL IBT/IELTS certificate 

this is one of the main documents you need. Whenever you plan to go abroad, the TOEFL or IELTS certificate is the important thing that you should have! especially if you want to go to Australia, UK, USA, and Malaysia itself.

6. Additional Documents

The additional documents such as essay, resume, or even portfolio are optional. It depends on the university again and also the course that you choose. My university does not ask me to make an essay and resume. They only asked me for my portfolio for the reason of my course. I chose Fashion and Retail.

Third step. Once you are eligible to register, you will get notified by letters. Thus the letters have 2 categories, there are Letter of Acceptance and Conditional Letter.  

In this third part, the representative or marketing team of the university will take you to another aspect after the registration process above. Most likely, talking about the fees that you need to pay then they will do visa processing. 

So these all the things that you need to know if you want to study abroad in Malaysia. This entry is 100% based on my experience, back when I was applying myself to one of a private university in Malaysia. I also got helped by my counsellor from ICan Education, she helped me for the registration until everything's settled.

By the way, It's a good idea if you can find a counsellor that will assist you for the enrolment. Especially, if you are a first-timer doing abroad because it's kinda hectic and confusing once you trying to apply for a visa. But then again it's up to you. If you feel comfortable to do enrolment by yourself without a counsellor, just carry on and good luck :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COSMO KITCHEN ! Newest restaurant in Tamarind Square!

How To Travel In Kuala Lumpur on A Low Budget